Quality Assurance Engineer
Sorry, this job has expired.
Yamamoto FB Engineering is a Tier 1, 2 & Tier 3 automotive supplier located in Louisville, KY. We are looking for a driven, dedicated, and motivated Quality Assurance Enginners to join our Yamamoto family.
General Function: Inspects parts utilizing a variety of highly sensitive gages and instruments to ensure parts are within customer specifications.
• High school diploma or GED.
• 1-2 years of Quality Control/MSA experience, working knowledge of metric measuring system, calipers, micrometers, dial gauges and comparator.
• Technical level courses; 3 or more years of progressive Quality Control experience; 1 year of machine shop or die-making experience; ability to read blueprints
• Safety Equipment: Wears safety shoes, glasses, gloves and ear plugs where required.
• Collects production samples from all operations and inspects dimensions for accuracy per customer specifications and tolerance.
• Conducts inspection of sample parts to evaluate customer’s indicated tolerance.
• Makes assessment of initial parts produced from new die set-ups.
• Collects data and records on sampling inspection data sheets and reports data back to production personnel as necessary.
• Maintains files of records.
• Provides recommendations for continual improvement.
• Participates in the PPAP process for new products by inspecting first piece samples and recording data.
• Patrols floor to support production.
• Routinely audits secondary processes insure proper inspections are being performed.
• Ability to work inside temperature controlled lab where there is a great deal of noise from presses. The work may be dusty, dirty and greasy.
• Ability to handle sharp edged materials and may be exposed to chemicals used in oil.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.